Monday, April 23, 2007

Moving into the suite

While in the waiting room, Dr Mont comes to see me. He reports everything has gone well, and her blood pressure wasn't so low as last time. Good thing. Last time she had to stay in the recovery area for 5 hours waiting for her pressure to rise.

We got placed into the suite across from the one we had last time. Since I'm now a old pro (Yea right) at this, I go about getting things ready for Susan when she gets wheeled down from recovery. I discover the fridge in the room has a bad smell due to a food spillage in the freezer section. A quick deicing and wipe down takes care of that problem. I then get Susan her favorite sandwich from the cafe - a turkey & bacon on rye with lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise. I grab some spare foam plates to boot, and head back to the room. Little things like water cups, graham crackers, and a oatmeal raisin cookie from Starbucks are set. I find Robert, and he secures a good model recliner. I put on a form fitting sheet for the bedadine causes you to stick to everything. Extra sheets, pillow cases, and towels are set. I hope I got everything covered. I'm just waiting now for her to be wheeled down from recovery. I want to make sure she is as comfortable as possible.

No comments: