Monday, April 16, 2007

Recovery from Surgery #1

2:55 pm - Susan is now in a private room. It is quite nice. There is a guest room for me that has a pull out couch, small fridge, and microwave. The bathroom is sweet! The shower is designed for someone in a wheelchair, so it is quite roomy, and has no front to it. My first reaction when I saw it was “I WANT THAT!!!!”

Susan is sleeping on and off. The anesthesia used was a general just to put her under, with a spinal to stop the pain. This method keeps the nausea down to very manageable levels if even observed. They have her wearing a special leggings along with a machine that for no better word “massages” her legs to help prevent blood clots from forming. We ordered room service, and are waiting on food.

Sally and Steve left a little while ago to drive back to Richmond. I was informed of the shooting at Va Tech. My nephew was there along with his girlfriend's younger sister. They are both ok, but I'm still somewhat un-nerved by the events.

1 comment:

Beth said...

I'm glad your nephew and his girlfriend's sister are okay. I hope they take advantage of the counselors and other services available to help them deal with the trauma.

Peace be with them - and you and Susan.