Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Observations

Susan is getting the bathroom thing down pretty well now. I still need to help, but I'm not so nervous as I was yesterday. Knowing what to do helps. I really do think things like this should be covered before one gets this procedure done. It sounds silly, but little things like what side of the bed to get out on make a big difference when dealing with pain and how to manage it

One of the things I have discovered is how many things are made for "One time use." An example are the ice pack bags. It says on the bag that they are "single use only", in that they should be used once, then thrown away. This seems so silly to me. I bet the hospital is being charged 2 - 3 dollars each for one of those bags. I've been simply emptying the bags when needed, and refilling them with ice. I hate throwing things away that can be used again right away.

1 comment:

Beth said...

You're probably right about how much the hospital is paying for those ice packs ... the real crime is what YOU are being charged for them. Yikes!