Tuesday, April 17, 2007

She got out of bed!

Susan got out of bed and in the recliner. Later, they took the catheter out, and she will now need to either go to the bathroom, or use the port-a-potty. Well, in thinking I'm being helpful, I figure out I can wheel the recliner into the bathroom. I do that, and a nurse helps me with Susan. It works OK, but the next go around we try try the port-a-potty. Susan had gotten back in bed at this point, so it is more of a challenge to get her from the bed to the port-a-potty. Moving the rebuilt leg is causing her large amounts of pain. Some of it is due to the fact she is trying to take as little medication as possible.
We have her back in bed now, and under lots of blankets. Hospitals are cold by nature, to keep the bacteria down. I'm thinking of going to WalMart to get a electric throw to help keep her warm. It would make it a little easier for her.
Later today Susan's cousin Michelle will be stopping by for dinner. Michelle called us ahead and said she is going by the deli, and said she was buying dinner. You know what I always say - never pass up a free meal.

No comments: